Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Week 2 RR 10k training

This week was a bit jumbled becasue of the Easter long weekend.

I wasn't able to run with the RR gang at all - between Mark working the late shift this past week (and therefore not getting home until just before 8pm each evening), Friday being a holiday and me not being able to make their run at 10am (had party planning to do for a certain 6 year old's party the next day) and Sunday morning being... well... Easter.

That's the bad new. The GOOD news, I still managed to run those runs along with an additional on on Tuesday with the help of my friends Caroline, Ange and April.

Tuesday was Caroline's runniversary. She decided to celebrate with a run and invite all her friends to run with her. She was going to run the Parliament loop and I joined her for the 3k I was scheduled to run that day. One of our other friends, Jay, linked arms with me for my last 200 meters and put on the speed... uphill... I may have cursed... but then it made me smile and I did thank her for the extra "push" (errr... maybe pull is a better word!) afterwards.

Wednesday, I met up with Ange and April for an evening 4k run. Again, I got the same encouragement at the end of the run - to finish strong and be smiling at the end of the run. Thanks for that Ange! ;-)

I ALMOST bailed on my friday run. It was supposed to be a 5k, and I really, REALLY wasn't feeling it. I was making excuses left, right and center why I SHOULDN'T run - I had too much to do, I could use that time to get x y and z completed... but I was NOT going to LET myself weizle out of it. Instead, I sent an email to Ange and April to see if either one of them had the time to run. Lucky for me, Ange was able to fit in a run with me and we managed another 4k. ANGE TO THE RESCUE! I am really not sure whether I would have done it otherwise.

Sunday, I had a 6k scheduled. It was supposed to be at 3pm, but we needed to bump it to the evening. I got all my stuff on and put Madie in bed, then looked outside at the wind and the rain that was begiining and decided I dodn't want to end my Easter Sunday feeling like a drowned rat. I postponned to Monday morning and set my clock for 7am to get er done before my day started.

I may not have reached my goal of 6k (I didn't map it out before hand and the route I did twice was around 2.8k instead of the 3k I had thought), but I still got it in and even managed my best pace yet! I guess the brisk morning air did me well... I managed around 5.7k in 41 minutes. NOt bad at all! :)

This week, I have 2 4ks scheduled for Wednesday and Friday and then a 7k on Sunday. This will be my longest distance yet and I am not going to lie, it intimidates me A LOT. But, I know if I just find my pace and stick with it, I will be able to complete it with one foot ahead of the other.

No comments: