Monday, April 15, 2013

Rest

On Tuesday afternoon, I gave blood. We received a noticed through our work of an upcoming donor clinic and I decided it was time to bite the bullet and face my fear of the needle.

As an aside, I was also told I have "special" blood... something about not having contracted some sort of childhood virus... so my blood is the blood given to the NICU babies and those who are getting organ transplants. This is a very sneaky ploy to get me to donate more often. It may just have worked too.

But I digress...

I had a run scheduled for that evening with Ange. It was mapped out for 4.3 kms and I was excited to get out in the nice weather.

NOTE - running a 4+k run the evening after giving blood... DRAINS YOU!

My body felt fine but my stamina was zapped. By the end of the run I felt spacey. Hopped in the shower and his the hay.

I should also mention that Joshua's been sick most of the week. Nothing major, but very lethargic and complaining of a stomach ache. But enough to have the school call me that same Tuesday and ask me to go get him early.

Wednesday, I had actually planned to run with a bunch of LIO peeps downtown. I was the one who put out the call and planned the route. But Wednesday morning when I got up my legs were screaming at me. I had a headache. I was spacey. AND I was "on call" just in case the boy got sent home again. There was no way I was running that day. As much as I really REALLY wanted to.

Yesterday, I WAS home with the boy... and brought him to the clinic to make sure everything was as OK as I thought. (for those who want to know, he either is constipated - the likely possibility - or he has appendicitis... but with no other symptoms but tummy ache and tenderness in the lower right side of his abdominal, we are going with lots of liquid and a bit of dissolving powder to get things moving "down there")

Today, we have a freak snow and ice hail storm going on which does NOT invite me to run tonight. Not one bit.

With my 8k planned and a scheduled double date with some LIO girls, I will hope the rest (from exercise) of the last week will help me push through this next hurtle.



No comments: